What is Industry 4.0?
Referred to as the fourth revolution in manufacturing, Industry 4.0 represents the transition to automation using modern and smart technology, such as machine learning, big data, AI, etc. Rather than continuing to rely on traditional production, Industry 4.0 solutions focus on combining the physical operations with digital technology to create an optimized environment for the manufacturing industry.
The three main drives of Industry 4.0 are:
- Continuous upgrades to digital technology
- The need for optimization in manufacturing
- Increasingly wide-spread adoption at scale
How Industry 4.0 & Smart MES Work Together:
As technology continues to evolve and manufacturing businesses continue to adopt lean manufacturing practices, one crucial foundation must be implemented, and that is an MES (Manufacturing Execution System) that is Industry 4.0 friendly.
While digital technology tools like cloud computing, robotics, AI, and real-time data are used to optimize production, MES is the system that bridges them all together into one genius platform. The most effective way to ensure transparency and reliability on the factory floor is with a MES software in place. Lean Industry 4.0 created a new version of MES. One that is able to derive and analyze data in real-time and provide a complete overview of the manufacturing process, impeling the industry into the next revolution.
Be proactive. Be productive.
Learn How to Increase Your Factory Productivity by 25%Get eBook
Industry 4.0 Benefits in Manufacturing:
With Industry 4.0, businesses can grow their opportunities due to the technology that is driving this revolution. With smart technology like automation, predictive maintenance, machine-to-machine communication, and more, manufacturing businesses can leverage their production to new levels that have never before been achieved.
Benefits of Digital Factory Industry 4.0 include:
- Flexibility & agility – introducing new materials or products to the production line would guarantee a smooth transition with a smart factory that is equipped to handle these types of changes.
- Enhanced customer experience – solving your customers problems or locating lost products can be easy with automated track and traceability features.
- Lowered costs – the cost of manufacturing will drastically decrease as a result of utilization technology like automation and data management, with less resources, products and material waste.
- Increased revenue – Money that would otherwise be spent on staff for multiple shifts can now be relocated due to automated equipment.
- Shared knowledge – Digital technology enables all departments to communicate and share data at any time.
- Increase in efficiency and productivity – simply, digital factory tools allow your business to produce faster and better products while reducing costs, achieving overall productivity.