Recently updated: October, 2018
Welcome to Matics Manufacturing Analytics Ltd (“Matics” or “us”). Matics is committed to your right to privacy. This Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”), is an integral part of our Standard Terms of Service, which can be found on our website at www.matics.live and governs the processing, use and transfer of data collected in connection with the tools, products and services offered by Matics (“Services”) including the Services provided on our mobile application (the “App”) or otherwise offered by Matics, including in partnership with third parties, such as insurance companies and agencies, to each person (“User” or “you”) accessing or using the App and/or Services.
If you choose to install the App, use, interact with or register for the Services or otherwise provide data to us or through the App and/or Services, you explicitly agree to the use of such data in accordance with this Privacy Notice. You may not use the App and/or Services or submit any data through the App and/or Services if you do not agree to any of the terms hereunder. If you do not agree with any of the terms hereunder, you must discontinue any use of the Services and uninstall the App from your device. This Privacy Notice shall not be construed in any manner to derogate from the Standard Terms of Service or any other agreement made by and between Matics and you.
- You are not required by law to provide us with any Personal Data. Sharing Personal Data with us is entirely voluntary.
- Our Services require the monitoring of the production process and production data. In connection with such processing, Personal Data regarding members of User's employees will also be collected and processed by us. Prior to using the Services, you are responsible to inform and obtain the consent of any members using the production systems and networks to the processing of Personal Data as specified herein.
- You may be entitled to request to review, amend, erase or restrict the processing of your Personal Data, pursuant to applicable law. Please note that in case you request to erase or restrict the processing of your Personal Data, your use of the Services may be restricted.
- We do not sell, trade, or rent Users' Personal Data to third parties. We only share Personal Data with third parties in connection with the provision of the Services to our Users, or other limited circumstances specified herein.
- If you have any questions or requests regarding the processing of your Personal Data, or would otherwise like to contact us in connection with this Privacy Notice, please send us an email to: email@example.com.
- What is Personal Data, and what data is collected about me by Matics?
“Personal Data”, means any information which identifies or can be used to identify a natural person, including, but not limited to, first and last name, phone number, email address, IP address, billing information, etc.
We collect non-Personal Data regarding Users concerning the production process in factories (collectively, “Production Process”) and various devices, such as device identifiers, and other technical information regarding the devices used to access the Production Process, such as model, operating system, etc.
- In order to use the Services, you may be requested to create an account and provide us with certain Personal Data, such as name and email address, (the “Account”).
- We also collect the following data in connection with the provision of the Services to you:
- Data regarding devices involved in the Production Process, and photographs of such devices;
- We will recollect data abovementioned on a regular basis, in order to monitor ongoing use of the Production Process. For example, Personal Data will be recollected every time your smart phone is connected with the Production Process.
- We may deploy certain other components on other devices in the factory in order to connect to your Production Process and monitor it on a regular basis.
- We do not knowingly collect or process any Personal Data included in Special Categories of Personal Data (as defined in the GDPR). In the event you become aware that such data has been collected by us, please inform us immediately.
Yes, we use data files such as cookies, pixel tags, “Flash cookies,” or other local storage files provided by your browser or associated applications (“Cookies”). We use these technologies in order to recognize you as a customer; customize our Services, content, and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness; help ensure that your account security is not compromised; mitigate risk and prevent fraud; and to promote trust and safety across our sites and Services.
We use both session and persistent Cookies. Session Cookies expire and no longer have any effect when you are no longer connected to the Production Process. Persistent Cookies remain on your device and/or the Production Process until you erase them, or they expire.
You may at any time program the Production Process to block cookies, but please be aware that such blocking may prevent us from providing some or all the services to you.
- What will Matics do with my Personal Data?
- Non-Personal Data. Non-Personal Data is used to provide our Services, and for click stream analysis in order to constantly improve and maintain our Services, including among others, in order to provide ongoing protection of your Production Process and connected devices and to identify any data breaches. We also process non-Personal Data for general business analytics, for ensuring the technical functioning of our network, to help prevent fraudulent use of our Services and for developing new services.
- Personal Data. Personal Data is used only for the following limited purposes:
- Providing our Services to you, including implementing the Services' features and functionalities;
- To identify Users of the Production Process and authenticate their authorizations;
- To verify that the Production Process are not public or commercial;
- To discover and asses the risk to your Home Network.
- To identify cyber threats to the Production Process, including cyber-attacks, malware penetration, unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to data transmitted through or stored on the Production Process and address attacks remotely.
- Responding to questions or comments and to help resolve any problems.
- For the purposes of our legitimate interests, to the extent permitted under applicable law.
- To comply with any applicable law or regulatory requirement, including guidance by competent supervisory authority, and assist law enforcement agencies and competent authorities.
- To improve your experience on the App and customize our Services to your interests.
- Please note that we may also use Personal and non-Personal Data in connection with automatic analysis of our users' behavior. In certain jurisdictions such processing of Personal Data is defined as profiling, or automatic decision making. If relevant to you under applicable law, you may be entitled to object to such processing, and may do so by sending as a notice to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What can I do to control my Personal Data?
- Reviewing and amending your Personal Data. You may review the information in your Account on the App. You may also send us a request in connection with your Personal Data to: email@example.com. In the event any Personal Data is incorrect or outdated, you may update and correct such data by providing us with appropriate notification or correcting the data directly on the App if applicable.
- Right of erasure and restriction. You may also be entitled request the erasure or the restriction of your Personal Data, and we will comply with such requests, to the extent required under applicable law.
- Personal Data Portability of Personal Data. To the extent applicable to you and to the Services, you may request the portability of your Personal Data, and we will comply with such requests, to the extent required under applicable law.
- Retention of We reserve the right to retain any Personal Data for as long as reasonably necessary in order to: (i) fulfill the purposes described herein; (ii) in the defense or assertion of legal claims and liability; (iii) for the analyses and improvement of the Services; and (iv) to comply with applicable law. Non-Personal Data and statistical anonymized data may be retained by us without limitation.
- Will Matics Share My Personal Data?
- Non-Personal Data, aggregate and statistical or otherwise anonymized or pseudo-anonymized data may be shared without limitation with third parties at our discretion. This information does not contain any Personal Data and is used to develop content and services for our Users and clients.
- We share Personal Data only under the following limited circumstances:
- With third parties who assist us in operating and providing the Services, conducting our business and expanding our business or servicing you, for example, service providers operating call centers who will contact Users in any case of an attack on Production Process.
- To comply with a legal requirement, for the administration of justice, to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of others, to protect the security or integrity of our databases or the Services, to take precautions against legal liability, or in the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event.
- What is the lawful basis under which Matics processes Personal Data?
- Certain processing activities conducted by us are based on the necessity of such activities for the performance of the contract or other agreements between us and our Users. For example, we need your Production Process data to discover and asses any possible cyber-risks to your network, alert you of such risks, and address them appropriately.
- Other processing activities are based on the grounds that they are necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subjects which require protection of Personal Data.
- There may be certain processing activities based on your consent to this Privacy Notice. In connection with such activities, you may rescind your consent, by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that in the event you rescind your consent to the processing of Personal Data, we may not be able to provide you with some or all of the Services.
- Will Matics transfer my Personal Data internationally?
Matics is an international company with offices in various jurisdictions. Our databases are located currently in Amazon Cloud. As well, some of our processing activities are made in the State of Israel. The European Commission has decided that Israel ensures an adequate level of privacy and data protection, therefore, in accordance with the GDPR, the transfer of Personal Data to Israel is lawful and does not require any specific authorization.
Any future transfer of Personal Data outside the EEA to a third country (other than Israel) shall be made in accordance with applicable law, including by providing adequate protections, or otherwise implementing appropriate safeguards to ensure the protection of our Users' rights.
- Will I receive SPAM from Matics?
If you want us to send you information on new products, features, activities, services and periodic announcements or newsletters. You can send us an email to email@example.com You may at any time choose to opt-out and to not receive these communications, by contacting us at the mentioned address.
- How does Matics protect your data?
We implement appropriate measures to reduce the risks of damage, loss of information and unauthorized access or use of information in accordance with the applicable law.
- Questions or concerns regarding privacy
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy issues, please send us a detailed message to: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make every effort to resolve your concerns without delay.
Matics may, at any time and from time to time, modify this Privacy Notice. Modifications to this Privacy Notice will be posted on the App, and shall be effective as of the date in which they are posted on the App.